I am a
Digital Marketing Specialist
Sunny is a game-changer whose analytical skills and innovative synergetic strategies allow him to over-deliver, particularly at highly-matrix organizations.
I’m a business professional with a passion for marketing, technology, relationship-building, and creating something out of nothing. While most strive to fit in, I strive to be different.
These qualities seem to have come together and brought me to where I am today. Formally, I call myself a Digital Marketing Specialist, with a heavy focus on inbound marketing. I love offering real value and establishing real relationships as a result.
My work experience and entrepreneurial ventures have offered me a fantastic opportunity to learn and experiment, refining my craft in the process. Working in both B2B and B2C environments, I’ve created dynamic websites using WordPress as a CMS, performed Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to generate organic traffic, implemented relevant CTAs to generate leads, and developed value-adding email marketing strategies to help nurture them.
I’ve used a number of tools to manage these leads and campaigns, including both HubSpot and Salesforce.
I’m also someone who sets out to develop the skillset I need to get things done. Because I enjoy creating, I have over 10+ years of experience (dating back to my early highschool days) with web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, & jQuery, as well as Adobe Creative Suite; primarily Photoshop.
Lastly, I understand the importance of measuring results in order to improve my actions. I do my best to track KPIs, and Google Analytics is my friend. I’m one of those people that consistently finds myself wishing there were Facebook Insights for personal profiles.
Want to talk?
What I’m Good At
Invision Active Campaign
HootSuite Google Analytics
Sumo ahrefs CSS ClickFunnels Shopify
WordPress WooCommerce Mailchimp
salesforce.com Excel Photoshop
cPanel Optimizely jQuery Zendesk
What I’m Passionate About
What People Say About Me
Working with Sunny on social media projects at D2L made it clear he knows his stuff. With a focus on measurement, Sunny was able to provide clarity and direction on how the business can leverage social within it's broader digital campaigns.
Sunny led our online strategy for FleetCarma, handling a great deal of responsibility and complexity with ease. It was a pleasure to have Sunny on our team. If you are considering adding Sunny to your team; you should.
Sunny was instrumental in making our mobilize event a smashing success. He provided tremendous insight into our social media strategy and was able to hand pick strategic tweets that were relevant to our conference, ultimately leading the event to trend in Canada. I would highly recommend Sunny to any client that is seeking a thoughtful, creative individual.
I worked with Sunny on a Social Media Recruitment project at Desire2Learn. Sunny is a pleasure to work with and gets things done. Whenever I send requests to Sunny, he’s very quick to take care of them. He also offers great insight and suggestions on how to do certain things to promote recruitment from a social media perspective and I really appreciate that help from him. Sunny takes a lot of initiative and is proactive in helping our HR team build and engage our social media network. I would love to work with Sunny again in the future.
Sunny was critical in helping the company adopt an inbound marketing approach to engage potential clients and help introduce these folks into our sales process. It has changed the way we go to market and led to increased customer engagement, trust and sales.
Sunny is the most talented all around designer that we've worked with in the past 11 years. Not only is he highly skilled at web design, he simply "gets it" - he's a pleasure to work with, interacts brilliantly with clients ...and always delivers! On top of all of that - he's really good people...and I'm very proud to know him. Thanks Sunny!
Have an idea of how we could work together?
January 2017 – Present | Waterloo, ON
Beautiful web design & cutting-edge digital marketing. We work with high-end clients to craft engaging experiences – building your brand, generating new leads, and growing your business.
Some of the services we provide: front-end web design & development, lead gen consulting & implementation, conversion rate optimization, email marketing for ecommerce stores, FB ads management, membership site development, and general marketing consultations.
September 2016 – Present | Waterloo, ON
Where modern entrepreneurs go to build beautiful, profitable brands. We share the stories, emotions, tips, and tools from those making an impact and building the life of their dreams.
April 2016 – Oct 2017 | Waterloo, ON
The Pet Doctor Supply Co carries premium pet supplements and treats, aimed at improving the health & wellness of your pet. All of our products are sourced from sustainable resources and contain natural ingredients. It is our mission to ensure that every pet is healthy, happy, and living out their lives to their fullest potential – because they’re family.
Digital Marketing Specialist
January 2014 – May 2017 | Waterloo, ON
- Led the FleetCarma website & inbound marketing strategy, with a heavy focus on generating leads, nurturing them through the buyer’s journey, and building brand awareness
- Grew website organic traffic from 3.5k to 35k monthly visitors, and email list from 0 to 6k subscribers in 18 months
- Was myEV project manager, responsible for bringing the product from ideation stage all the way through to commercialization. This included raising $28,428 (114% of target) through crowdfunding, and coordinating all marketing, packaging, iOS & Android app development, .NET development, hardware, firmware, shipping, and customer support
December 2011 – December 2015| Waterloo, ON
- Developed an online marketplace with the intention of helping Laurier students save money, where they can buy & sell used textbooks and post & view rental/sublet listings
- Currently 3000+ student members with over 4000 listings and 17,000 visits annually
Public Relations and Branding Coop
September 2012 – December 2012 | Kitchener, ON
- Was responsible for overseeing all social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Developed overall strategy & conference-specific social plans aimed at building brand awareness and increasing engagement
- Vs. previous 4 months – Twitter: increased reach (impressions) by 102%, retweets by 130%, mentions by 117%. Facebook: increased reach by 134% and stories created (likes/comments/shares) by 123%
June 2010 – September 2012 | Waterloo, ON
- Developed online marketing strategies focused on website lead generation
- Designed/developed websites, print material, and corporate identities
Branding and Product Marketing Coop
January 2012 – April 2012 | Waterloo, ON
- Developed a B2B inbound marketing strategy for lead generation and prospecting, resulting in a 5x increase in qualified leads and an overall increase of 140% in website traffic
- Successfully led a comprehensive webinar campaign achieving 93 registrants; 86% above set objective
- Implemented a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) initiative, resulting in an 87% increase in organic traffic
Marketing Coordinator Coop & Part-time
May 2011 – December 2011| Waterloo, ON
- Led inbound marketing campaigns utilizing content creation, Search Engine Optimization, and social media
- Served as the ‘voice of the customer’ for the FleetCarma web portal user experience
- Directed initial business model frameworking for MyCarma
Lead Web Designer
October 2009 – April 2011| Alpharetta, Georgia
- Worked virtually with a four member team, providing deliverables under tight deadlines
Silver Skull Designs
September 2007 – May 2010| Bradford, ON
- Designed websites, print media, and provided Linux/cPanel web hosting support to clients